Our homemade Italian salad dressing – a fast and easy recipe.
Here’s our quick homemade Italian salad dressing.
And when you've made it, browse our other easy cooking recipes – pizza, pasta, salads, cookies and more!
The best recipes are almost always the most simple
This is a very basic but delicious salad dressing which is made from ingredients you probably already have in your store cupboards.
In Italy, only this season’s extra virgin olive oil is used for dressings – the first oil off the presses.
But if you don’t have access to such fresh ingredients, buy the most expensive olive oil and balsamic vinegar you can afford – you’ll be amazed at the difference they make.
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml good balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and crushed black pepper
How to make it
- Chop the garlic very finely, or use a gadget such as the Chef'n Garlic Zoom (for the UK use this link : Chef'n Garlic Zoom)
- Put the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together in a
medium sized bowl.
- Whisk by hand or use an
electric blender for speed, until all the ingredients are
- Either drizzle over a salad, or
pour into a jog for everyone to help themselves.
If you want a tasty meat recipe to go with your salad, why not have a look at this page about how to make Italian meatballs.
Looking for something to complete your meal? Here's the most popular of Italian desserts.
More Italian salad recipes
If you enjoyed this article, we'd love you to let us know - just click the button below. Thank you!
Ads by Google.